Wednesday, July 20, 2011

All in a Name

I have no idea how to blog- just wanted to throw that out there right from the start so you will not have high expectations or be highly disappointed when you finish reading my thoughts.  So I figured my first post should explain the title of my blog.  All growing up my nickname was Monk Monk (and still is).  I am pretty sure my Mom started this loving moniker.  I am also sure at some point I thought this was actually a part of my name.  I have always associated this name with love and happiness.  It is a part of me.  Up until 4 months ago this Saturday that was me- just Monk Monk.  On March 23, 2011 a precious gift from God came into my life.  Greyson Alexander Keene has provided me with a new label: Mommy. :)  Equally associated with feelings of love and happiness, but on a whole new level.  Anyways, back to Monk Monk- Jess (my little, but much taller than me sister) grew up calling me this as well.  We would be in Walmart and Jess would say something and attach Monk Monk to it.  People would look at us so strange.  I would shoot mean looks back of course.  Now looking back I wonder:  were they giving the strange looks because she was calling me Monk Monk (or just Monk for short) or because they thought she was calling me Mom???  Hmmmm.....Anywho- I cannot wait for the day Greyson can say Mommy, Mom, Mama or whatever he may call me.  I know the same sweet emotions that I feel when my Mom still calls me Monk after almost 30 years will well up inside me and make me smile with pure love.

No comments:

Post a Comment