Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Parenthood

Wow- it has been quite awhile since I have posted anything.  I have got to get back on the ball asap!!!  Especially since I will be having my second baby boy in less than 8 weeks!!  So, considering I am 8 months pregnant and that is all I can think about (oh my aching back) these days I thought I would do a parenting post.

*You know you really have entered the twilight zone of parenthood when you can hear your husband in the kitchen whistling the Elmo's World song while you are in the bathroom getting ready.*

Also, please let me forewarn all parents-to-be and all those thinking of having babies in the future:

DO NOT EVER TAKE FOR GRANTED:

Using the bathroom alone.  Greyson must be in the bathroom with me during this private moment- mainly because I do not trust him anywhere else in the house alone.  So- this means he is in the bathroom going through all the drawers and me having to say, "No, don't mess with that!!!" about a million times.  I usually wrap things up early before I lose my voice.

Taking a shower.  See comment above.  But, when I shower he has free reign over the bathroom so I have to save this glorious pastime for when he is not home or when Chris is here to keep him out of trouble.

Sleep.  Seriously.  Sleep is so not overrated.  In fact, it is underrated people!!!  I miss sleep.  Sleep was my friend.  Now when I do get some sleep it is accompanied by a one year old either kicking me, pulling my hair, and/or said one year old laying on top of me.  Yeah...that is not good sleep.

Watching adult TV.  No, I don't mean that type of adult TV.  I just mean anything that is not on Disney or Nickelodeon.

Keeping a clean house.  I have just given up on this one all together.  What is it like doing chores with a one year old?  Let me see:  la la la doing the dishes- Greyson is climbing into the dishwasher...yes, there are sharp knives in there.  La la la doing laundry- Greyson is either trying to get into the dryer, pulling clothes out of dryer while I am putting them in, and/or screaming because my attention has come off of him for 30 seconds.  La la la picking up toys and other messes created by my little whirlwind- Greyson decides that now he wants to play with those toys again and cannot fathom why his evil mother is cleaning them up.  Oh the horror!!!  La la la scooping the cat litter- well, use your imagination on this one.  Guess I need to tell the story at a later time of Greyson rolling around in cat poop. 

And please do not take this as complaining about my sweet boy.  I really wouldn't have it any other way...except more sleep.  Lots and lots more sleep.  I know all my fellow Mommies so get this post and will empathize with me. 

And by the way- this list could have gone on and on, but I must take advantage when Greyson is down at his grandparents.  I do have to eat, ya know? 

And....I did mention I am about to have another baby boy, right? 

2 comments:

  1. Oh! those days of being a young mother, what I wouldn't do to have my boys little again. When they grow up we miss and wish for those days back.
    Enjoy and Cherish Amber their only little once...
    Trust me sleep will come (after they grow up and get married and have their own kids) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know- they really do grow up fast! I cannot believe Greyson will be 16 months next week! Ha ha! That is the only thing I would change- a great night of sleep every single night! LOL!

    ReplyDelete