Friday, August 5, 2011

Come on- help a sista out!

Last Halloween my sister, Jess, came down for a visit.  We decided to go rent some horror movies at Music Mart in Americus.  As we were browsing through the "Chris will not watch this because it has torture in it" section a young man came into the store.  I must have had a come hither look on my face because he was instantly drawn to me.  Jess and I noticed this right away so we tried to keep busy and not make eye contact with him.  Of course when I try not to make eye contact all I can do is look in that direction.  So he bravely and in a painfully slow shuffle made his way over to me.  "Oh brother" I muttered under my breath.  I was going to be able to avoid him though because I had Jess there to help run interference.......good ol Jess....loving, sweet sister.....who just so happened to have abandoned me in the middle of the "are you sure we can watch this and still go to sleep tonight" aisle.  She had in fact made her way into the comedy section and was pretending she did not know me.  So there I was....he approached...asked me for my number without once looking me in the face.  I held up my hand and explained that I was married, then pointed at my tummy and revealed that I was pregnant (even though I was not showing yet).  Poor guy....and poor me.  Apparently Jess did not get the sister handbook or maybe she really did just want to see if they had the new Will Ferrell flick. 

3 comments:

  1. LOL I pictured this whole scenario as I read - I can totally picture Jess doing this! I love your blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgotten all about this!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete