Sunday, August 14, 2011

Please pass the lifesavers!

This morning in church our friend, Jason, offered me a lifesaver (thank you Jason- hope it was just a nice gesture and not because my breath was kickin).  This simple act reminded me of another Jason (a former co-worker) that once offered me a peppermint that I almost chocked to death on.  We had just finished lunch, and of course I accepted the peppermint because we were on a our way out to conduct home visits with clients (in my life before moving to Macon Co I was a juvenile probation officer).  I needed the fresh breath.  So I popped it into my mouth and immediately and accidentally swallowed the peppermint.  At first I was thinking, "Great....I didn't even get to enjoy it."  This thought was quickly replaced with, "Oh wow I am about to choke to death on this stupid peppermint!!!!!!"  I was grabbing my throat, slobbering all in my lap, eyes watering, hands began to flail....it was quite dramatic.  As my life began to flash before my eyes all I could think of was, "Man, I really was hoping to marry Chris before I died."  Then the peppermint decided to become unclogged and went flying out of my mouth and into my hands...along with what seemed like a gallon of sticky pepperminty spit.  I know- yuck.  Jason just looked at me and asked, "You ok?"  No helpful slap on the back while I was choking...just a, "You ok?"  At least I was able to keep the lifesaver safely in my mouth this morning since we are still new to this church- I would hate to embarrass myself this early on.

No comments:

Post a Comment