Monday, August 29, 2011

"Freedom is never free." ~Author Unknown

Thank you to all those who serve in our military so that we may be free!  Here is one veteran's memory from service:

"I was in the Navy SeaBee's during the Viet Nam Conflict. They did not call It a War...LOL. War makes You Grow up Quicker. I was 19 when I arrived in Viet Nam and about 40 maturity wise when I left. You read the Bible more and Pray more in a War Zone. I was too Young and Invincible to be afraid......I'll never forget when we had a new Commanding Officer that had never been in a War Zone. He had us fall out for Dress Inspection at 0730 every morning. The VC watched this and Hit Us with Mortars one morning. I'll never forget how hard I laughed when He went  went spread eagle into a mud hole; also a mortar hit on each side of me and both were duds; what were the chances that both would be duds??? The Lord was looking after Me....  We never had a dress inspection the rest of His Command... Also, I'll never forget being Tower Captain on Christmas Eve Nite....I learned that God will help You through anything. Also, that different cultures do not value Life the way We do as Americans..."  By:  David Keene (my father-in-law)

"We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude."  ~Cynthia Ozick

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! Thank you David and all vets for your service, for freedom is not, indeed, free.

    ReplyDelete